Re: Making it easier on translators

+++ Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 02:17:46PM -0100 +++
Hector Garcia e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> Possible solution:
>
> * Create an automated system to generate the .po files for every
> language, that send a letter to translator when a certain number of
> fuzzy or undone translation are found in the file (you should be able to
> conf this)
>
> * The system should be able to mange branches and make it transparent to
> translators.
>
> * Have a web UI to get your .po file, to give it back once translated,
> to allow you to configure some things (like sending you letters when a
> new version of the .po file is available and there is so many changes)

No. No way should translations be created by people who don't even
know what kind of program they're translating and haven't tested their
translations.

Translating a program should require making the CVS version compile
and testing it. Something should block any commits for untested .po
files :)

mawa
--
The only problem with being a man of leisure
is that you can never stop and take a rest.