Re: Improvement of WWW GNOME translation status page

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Christian Rose wrote:

> Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> > I don't like the idea about merging all the messages into .po file, at
> > least not for statistics. This would not clearly indicate the missing
> > translations. Is the missing string in po file (application messages), in
> > .desktop file or ...?
>
> How is it any different from the situation today? You don't get
> statistics for every individual source file in applications, because
> such statistics is not useful.
> The .desktop files would just be extra "source files" in the
> application. If they're not translated, the application isn't 100%
> translated. I don't see the point in counting them seperately from
> everything else?

You don't need the statistics for every source file, just for files
treated differently than po file. Could you incorporate all text to be
translated into PO file? The initial idea was to get more info, quickly.

Stano

Stanislav Visnovsky
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
Charles University, Prague