Re: open translations database

Robert Brady <robert@suse.co.uk> writes:

> Wouldn't it be better to have LANGUAGE-DATE.tar.gz snapshots, containing
> all the .po files for a particular language?

No, please not one file for a language.  I wish to add every particular
PACKAGE-po-VERSION.tar.gz file to its main package in a semi automatical
manner.  OTOH, if you think that easier to provide by side of the
hackers/maintainers I'll try to find a way to make use of it :)

> We also need to find a solution for the problem of what happens if a
> translation is of a newer version, which has less strings.

For every release a branch has to be created (IMO); of course, you're
right, we must not add translations from HEAD to a xx months old
.tar.gz.  Thanks for the reminder!

Things are always more complex than they look at the first glance.

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,