Re: open translations database

> Then whoever did that must be blacklisted for any Dutch localization project.
> It is not acceptable that someone with no knowledge of the target language
> does it, and if he has knowledge of the target language he doesn't need
> Babelfish.
> If really an automatic translation tool has been used for the User Guide,
> the person who did that must be told very clearly not to do that again, ever,
> and ban him if he perpetrates again.
> Doing such a thing is as rude to users as writting "you are assholes"
> in capital letters in the first page of the manual.

Whoa! You're radical.

We all make mistakes, and if this was really Babelfish (I've been told now that Evolution wasn't Babelfish, but I still highly suspect half of the users' guide translation to be Babelfish nevertheless), I guess the best thing you can do is make people learn from mistakes, not to punish them.

I mean, no-one does this kind of "harm" on purpose, right? It's at about the same level of "harm" as sending you a .doc file (which you also can't "read" -- get it? :-)

Greets,

Stefan