Independent Window Platform in Pango

Hi Owen,

I'm just trying to understand if Pango is designed to be independent to
any window API platforms as well. I guess that it should be.

Not quite sure if GNOME is running on other window platform like Microsoft
window, Mac window.

If so, then, Pango will need to be independent on any window platform as well.

Let's say Pango will be needed to run on MS window platform.
Does it mean that Pango will introduce APIs for "Rendering under MS window
with Pango" ?

If yes, then, Pango will need to add all those pango engines for MS window
rendering platform as well, right ?

Chookij V.