quality assurance of translations

Hi!

I wonder if we can develop some guidelines for
quality assurance of Gnome translations.

In my own translation work I see that
there are a number of problems when I go and
use the translated module. It is far from
enough just to translate the .po files.

What I do today is:

run msgfmt -v -c on the  po file
Spellcheck it.

Sometimes the module, if it is a new translation,
is sent to the Danish team for comments.

Sometimes I run the program and checks the bar texts.

I would like to do something systematic about it,
and also have a way to manage this, that is I need to
see which .po files that has been thru which tests.

I would like at least the following problems to be
addressed:

spelling errors
grammatical spelling problems
consistent use of terms.
checking of validity of error messages
checking of nonconflict of shortcuts
checking of enough room for texts
checking for non-translated texts
checking for menus and icon texts
management of reviews - how many persons, when done

I thought that maybe Sun had some input to this.

Kind regards
keld