The translator credits.

Hello, i was thinking about the .po translators credits in an
application.

We don't appear as the author of the translation, only at the .po file,
and the end user doesn't read it, then when a translation error is
detected, what must do they?, they shouldn't know how the translation is
done.

I propose that, because the application's credits are included at the
.po file, why don't use this message to include our credits?

For example, i'm the actual spanish gedit maintainer, then at this
notice:

"
Alex Roberts <bse@error.fsnet.co.uk>
Evan Lawrence
Jason Leach <leach@wam.umd.edu>
Chema Celorio <chema@celorio.com>

Artwork by :
Steve Hall <steve_hall@mindspring.com>
"

we could put (I put it in english, but for me it will be in spanish):

"
Alex Roberts <bse@error.fsnet.co.uk>
Evan Lawrence
Jason Leach <leach@wam.umd.edu>
Chema Celorio <chema@celorio.com>

Artwork by :
Steve Hall <steve_hall@mindspring.com>

Translation into Spanish:
Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos@hispalinux.es>
"

I think that we, as the application's translators must appear as the
translator at credit dialog.

The end user only will see the credits from the programmers and the
translator for his language.

What do you thing about it?

P.S.: I have see with this example, that Glade don't mark to translate
the Author option at gnome About Dialog.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
carlos@hispalinux.es