Re: GTK+ 2.10.10 released

--- Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 18:33 -0700, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
>
> > 5.28. Why does GTK+/GLib leak memory?
> >
> > It doesn't.
> >
> > I am still waiting :-).
>
> If you have logs of memory leaks inside GTK+/GLib, then please file bugs
> (in Bugzilla) so that they can be fixed. Similarly with any library or
> application in our stack.
>
> --d
>
> --
> Davyd Madeley
>
> http://www.davyd.id.au/
> 08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA

I think you are missing the point.

On my memory there have been two release announcements
mentioning several memory leak related fixes.

On the other hand, gtk+ FAQ "5.28. Why does GTK+/GLib leak memory?
claim gtk+ does not leak memory - the "It doesn't" part.

So I'm waiting ON the "It doesn't" part to be fixed.

Because, as release announcements show, it does.

Should I file a bug report against gtk+ website, specifically, against
the FAQ 5.28 ?

As I wrote earlier, I would feel having moral right to write that a suite
doesn't have memory leaks provided in, say, a year there has been no memory
leaks confirmed bugs, and I would write the claim more cautiously anyway.

Regards,
  Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.