RFC: creating a security team

Hi,

In a discussion I had at FOSDEM, it was mentioned that it was not clear
what should be done when someone finds a security hole in GNOME. We
don't have a central point of contact for this.

Would it make sense to create a small security team? I guess it wouldn't
be a lot of work, since it'd be mainly contacting the relevant
maintainers. We would probably create a private security gnome org
mailing list. And also, we could add a small checkbox in bugzilla to
mention that a bug is security-related, so it should be hidden by
default (and the security team would be cc'ed).

Thoughts?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.