Re: Making use of the 'gnome-love' Bugzilla keyword

Hey Martyn,

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 00:38 +0000, Martyn Russell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While up late tonight I had some crazy crack pot idea that it might be a
> good thing to announce bugs marked with the keyword 'gnome-love' on the
> gnome-love mailing list.
>
> I don't know how widely used that keyword is but it might help
> maintainers make more use of it (for their module(s) to get more
> attention) and also help new people to GNOME getting started.
>
> What do people think?

I think people already receive enough mail. A nice looking status page
with RSS feeds, and the ability to add more details to what's needed
would be helpful.

I marked quite a few bugs as gnome-love bugs last year, and I received
basic questions about how to install the programs, or what needed to be
done in the bug.

Having a way to link to a simple howto for the installation, and setup
of the devel environment, as well as the ability for maintainers to give
a few advices for specific bugs, should go a long way into helping
people contribute.

Cheers