Subject: [GNOME-India] Draft of a proposal for GNOME Project Day at
foss.in	2007
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:58:50 +0530
From: Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan mukhopadhyay gmail com>
To: Advocacy, chit-chat and event planning in India
<gnome-in-list gnome org>

ToDo

+ Date of the proposed day
+ Proposer for the Project Day proposal
+ Gather speakers

GNOME PROJECT DAY at foss.in

Pre-requisites to participate:

Interest in getting involved and contributing to GNOME. The project day
is proposed to achieve the following:

o getting together the largest possible number of GNOME contributors
from India
o demonstration of what they are working on etc
o BoF session for GNOME Women in India

Thus, familiarity with the GNOME roadmap, i18n and l10n, documentation,
bug triaging would be good to have.

Audience:  application developers, extension developers, open-source
evangelists & enthusiasts, localizers

Theme of the day: <FIXME>

+ Opening remarks by a GNOME contributor to set the tone for the day
	- small pitch about GNOME Marketing in India
+ GSoC time (GSoC participants get to talk about their work)
+ Contribute to GNOME
	- l10n (translation/review sprint ?)
	- i18n
	- documentation