Re: Subversion migration schedule (cut-off Fri 18 Mar)

Em Dom, 2006-02-12 �00:37 +0000, Bastien Nocera escreveu:
> I think that before the move is made, this page should be updated for
> SVN:
> http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html

We are working on something similar, will certainly be available soon
(hopefully during the next week).

> My main concerns are:
> - what do I replace prepare-Changelog.pl with?

Sincerely, I do not know about this one (perhaps someone else in the
team does). It was good that you mentioned it, I will look into it.

> - how do I tag for release, and branch?

With Subversion, that is done with copying/moving. More information to
come in the docs being written. =)

> This should be covered by a conversion of the page I pointed to, but I
> want to be sure elements are not left out, and that plenty of notice
> will be given before migration, as much for the casual contributors as
> for the developers who don't have time (or the will) to learn the
> intricacies of a new source control system.

As was previously mentioned, one of the reasons why Subversion was
chosen was that the way of thinking of the contributors would not change
(much), so the transition would not mean trouble or lots of stuff to
learn for them. It's not as tragic as it may seem ;)

Cheers,

--
Guilherme de S. Pastore (fatalerror)
<guilherme pastore terra com br>