Re: Deprecation of libgnomeprint(ui)

Hi,

   It is great to raise this at the point of time!

I am looking at doing a PAPI (Printing API) backend for gtk+ as GTK+ 2.10 has CUPS, file and lpr while currently libgnomeprint does have cups, lpd, papi and win32 backends.

Is there some one specific on the GTK+ team or others should I talk to about this? I really need some specific guidance here :). [1]

  Thanks,

-Ghee

[1] I do have Norm Jacobs here in Sun who is working of the PAPI standard for PAPI side of things which is great :)

Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi all,

Since GTK+ 2.10 features everything needed to print, everyone is
encouraged to migrate away from libgnomeprint(ui). It's a bit late for
2.16, but it would be a nice thing to do at the beginning of the 2.17
release cycle.

The libgnomeprint and libgnomeprintui modules are now marked as upcoming
deprecatings in the desktop release suite. We hope to get them out of
the suite as soon as possible, and 2.18.0 sounds like a nice
deadline :-)

Thanks,

Vincent