Re: Help move up to 200 modules to the CVS archive repository

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 09:52 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have an archive CVS repository [1] which can be used to store all the
> modules which are not developed any more. Moving modules here is useful
> for various reasons (speed up the svn migration scripts, don't overcrowd
> the viewcvs page, etc.).
>
> I looked at most of our modules and here's the result: a list of 200
> modules that, IMHO, can safely be moved because they haven't been
> touched in the last 5 years (not counting translation stuff). Ok, I'm
> cheating since there are 8 modules which are GNOME 1.x stuff and that
> have been touched more recently.
>
> Could everybody look at this list and verify that there's no problem in
> moving them? Note that if there's an error, it's quite easy to move the
> module back from the archive repository to the main one ;-)
>

> Old (ignoring translations updates):
<snip>
>   xalf (5 years)

That's certainly deprecated.
<snip>
>   desktop-vfs-module (5 years)

That's most certainly deprecated by what's available in gnome-vfs proper
now.

>   bonobo-media (5 years)

Most certainly gone as well.

>   GtkRio500 (6 years)

That's gone.

>   libPropList (5 years)

That lives in WindowMaker nowadays.

>   gtop2 (5 years)
>   gtkticker (6 years)

Both deprecated (by gnome-system-monitor and the new stock applet)

>   gnome-vfs-file-sel (5 years)

Deprecated.

>   gnome-fm (6 years)

Old gmc replacement?