Re: Change servers timezone to UTC (was: Bugzilla will be DOWN Sat 9 April 17.00-20.00 UTC)

On Fri, 2005-08-04 at 12:20 -0400, Matthew Galgoci wrote:
> > Well anybody knows (ought to know) their own offset from UTC. But one
> > always has to start counting how many hours is MDT from EDT or EST. (And
> > that's one of the easy comparisons.)
>
> Alternatively...
>
> [mgalgoci razor ~]$ date --utc
> Fri Apr  8 16:19:19 UTC 2005

this per se doesn't help me when accessing bugzilla. My machine is
running MDT, so I can use the above command to easily determine the utc
time but not the EDT time.

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow, Professor & Coordinator
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences