Re: Moving Alexandria in the GNOME CVS

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 06:39:25PM +0200 or thereabouts, Christian Rose wrote:
> > I'm the author of Alexandria (http://alexandria.rubyforge.org) and I
> > would like to propose its inclusion in the GNOME CVS.
> >
> > The main reason is that it will be more convenient for the translation
> > teams.  Also we would like to benefit of the developers tools.  All
> > major contributors already have a CVS account.
>
> If it's free software, not patent-encumbered, is using GNOME/GTK+
> technologies, and has had a release, then I don't know what would be
> stopping it from being hosted in GNOME CVS.
>
> Also, noone has been objecting so far (at least not publically), so I
> think it's safe to assume that it's OK with the community.

I hate to do this, but the name might be a problem. I have a
vague idea that scrollkeeper was originally to be called
Alexandria, undoubtedly for the same reasons. And that there
was already a project using the same name. And scrollkeeper
therefore couldn't use it.

Can anyone (Sander, Malcolm, Dan?) recall the details?

Telsa