Re: GNOME 2.7.4 Development Release

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 15:26 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:

>  * In order the to see any applications available, they must be registered
>    with the MIME system. This can be done by getting the latest verion of
>    desktop-file-utils and running:
>
>      update-desktop-database $PREFIX/applications
>
>    jhbuild in CVS has been modified to build this, and we expect
>    applications to do this on install automatically in the future.
>    Additionally, not every application used the new system as released.
>    This will also be fixed over the next week.

I'd expect the above command needs to be run conditionally, either
because update-desktop-database doesn't exist, or because application is
being packaged and running update-desktop-database needs to be deferred
until installation time.

Should gnome-common or something provide a configure/Makefile snippet
applications can use instead of everyone coming up with incompatible
solutions?  I'm thinking something similar to GConf schemas
installation.

--
Tommi Komulainen                                 tommi komulainen iki fi
GPG 1024D/68388EE6    6FD6 DD79 EB38 BF6F 3533  09C0 04A8 9871 6838 8EE6