Re: signal-to-noise on d-d-l

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 13:35, Luis Villa wrote:

> >  So let's set some standards and solve this with a
> > sniper's rifle instead of a hydrogen bomb.
>
> Sounds good. What are those standards then? How should we have dealt
> with the stupid flag, evo, and scripting threads? I'm not trying to be a
> PITA here, I think it's the right idea, I'm just totally at a loss as to
> how to do this other than saying '[you are|this thread is] a waste of
> time' which is awfully arbitrary and at least at the thread level has
> been spectacularly unsuccessful lately.

And might I suggest that we have a FAT list - the Frequently Answered
Thread list.

If the flags issue comes up again, the moment it hits either d-d-l or
g-h, someone post with a reply quoting the FAT entry, and hopefully that
stops the thread.

This means the barrier of entry is still open to all, yet, if someone is
out of place, the FAT list entry will put them in place. If they still
continue being "painful", then moderators can start looking at them.

/me senses the next round of discussions might be with regards to
spatial nautilus views as more mainstream distros push Gnome 2.6 out. A
FAT list will help stop the unnecessary discussion that will take place.
--
Colin Charles, byte aeon com my
http://www.bytebot.net/