Re: Finally - sane NEWS information!

<quote who="Daniel Veillard">

> so even if coercing everybody into writing similar NEWS is not possible,
> do you have any sort of guidelines ?

Okay then: The Official GNOME NEWS File Guidelines
           =======================================

1. Ensure that there is a "NEWS" file present in the root of your
distributed tarball.

2. Ensure that with every release, you add information to the top of this
file, in reverse chronological order, kind of like a blog.

3. It is often helpful for human readers to include a heading that mentions
the version you're writing news for.

End of guidelines - diff handles the rest! ;-)

- Jeff

   She said she loved my mind, though by most accounts I had already lost
                                    it.