Re: Proper Web Calendar [Was: GNOME 2.7/2.8 Proposed Schedule]

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 21:49 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Rodrigo Moya">
>
> > cool! Does that tool use the e-d-s API? If not, that would make it easier,
> > since you'll have access to all timezones, etc. Although I guess the best
> > is to use UTC times always on that calendar.
>
> No, it's just a web app. :-) It will have to use a mix of local timezones
> for things like conference schedules and timezone independent dates for
> things like release events (like the 2.7 ics now).

oh, ok, I thought it was only for releases and stuff like that (all-day
events).

> (Generating external ics files with Evo is a bit fiddly. It sticks too much
> extra stuff in, as it's designed more for desktop calendaring than calendar
> publishing. That's not a fault, just a design choice. Does it do any tidying
> when uploading ics files?)

no, it doesn't, or shouldn't. That code is mostly new, so might need
some fixes, although I'm pretty sure it does not do any tidying. What
would you like it to do?

cheers