Re: TARBALLS DUE: GNOME 2.5.0 Development Release

<quote who="garnacho tuxerver net">

> > We're basically stuck. I had hoped that aggressive releases were an
> > assumed part of the GTK+ 2.4 plan [1], but that doesn't appear to be the
> > case. I will ask Owen if we can roll some pre-release tarballs, because
> > it is very important that we get all of this new stuff tested up front.
>
> but even if those pre-release tarballs don't happen before 2.5.0,
> compiling against gtk HEAD is a requirement, isn't it? or just compiling
> against 2.2 will be fine?

If we do pre-release tarballs, they'll be available for 2.5.0 (otherwise you
won't be able to build half of the existing modules).

- Jeff

   You know the end is nigh when modern art is relegated to the status of
                                  "meme".