Re: TARBALLS DUE: GNOME 2.5.0 Development Release

<quote who="Xan Lopez">

> El lun, 20-10-2003 a las 03:38, Jeff Waugh escribi?:
> > Good morning all,
> (snip)
> > If you're already in the modules list, you know the drill. :-)
> So, I wonder what should modules depending already on GTK+ HEAD do.  Just
> wait without releases until a GTK+ 2.3.0 release is out? If that release
> takes a lot of time we could get into serious troubles, missing several
> phases of the release process.
> We (Epiphany) already depend on a lot of features from GTK+ HEAD, so I
> guess it's too late to go back (or at least an incredible PAIN).

We're basically stuck. I had hoped that aggressive releases were an assumed
part of the GTK+ 2.4 plan [1], but that doesn't appear to be the case. I
will ask Owen if we can roll some pre-release tarballs, because it is very
important that we get all of this new stuff tested up front.

Thanks Xan,

- Jeff

-- 2004: Adelaide, Australia
     "I think a lot of the basis of the open source movement comes from
                procrastinating students." - Andrew Tridgell