Re: Release Team's Almost-Final Modules List

В ?? 28.05.2003, в 23:44, Jeff Waugh пишет:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The release team has discussed the modules list at great length over the
> last few weeks (seems like an eternity...) and has compiled this list, which
> hopefully represents a consensus of the input we've received about each of
> the proposed modules.
>
> This list will become the official new modules list for GNOME 2.3.x on June
> 2, enshrined forever in GEP 11, unless we hear loud wailing and gnashing of
> teeth at any of our judgements before then. That means you have just under a
> week to bring up any doubts or queries you have about this list.
>
> The comments and rationale have been proofed by the release team, and should
> be considered our 'combined opinion'.
>

>   Out
>   ---
>

>     gswitchit, xklavier
>
>       There was not a lot of discussion or vocal support for these modules,
>       while there were suggestions that it would not work with previous
>       generation X servers, and queries about the user interface (such as
>       integration with control centre, what we really want out of keyboard
>       and language selection, etc). We should continue to watch this module
>       so we can fix these issues in 2.6.

This is very sad, because gswitchit is really very useful switcher. It
worked fine with previous XFree, but with 4.3.0 it became even more
powerful. I was never able to force standart Gnome switcher to work with
my xkb, but gswitchit worked always and works now.
We depend on latest Mozilla versions in our browsers, why we so afraid
to depend on new XFree features? Take a look on XFree start up.
Developers say it become outdated in 6-12 months.

Regards,
Dmitry