Re: 2.4 Module List and Rationale (aka GEP10 and 11)

Hey,

> The search tool is the only thing in there that is really part of the
> basic infrastructure. If gnome-utils is disbanded into individual
> packages, would the search tool become its own package?

Well, we still have gnome-dictionary and gnome-system-log in there too.
I'm not quite sure what to do about these.

The main issue is the lack of maintainance on these modules
[gnome-search-tool aside]. I simply won't have time to give them the
love they need - in some cases, the code is really horrible and could do
with someone rewriting large parts of it.

> I assume zenity will be a stand-alone package? I assume from this
> discussion that you are not planning its inclusion in the core
> application list?

Yes, I think I'd prefer it to be like that. Actually, I see zenity being
a replacement for gdialog that could be part of the core list - not sure
if it's really desktop material though in terms of it's usefulness
[shrug].

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)