Re: 2.4 Module List and Rationale (aka GEP10 and 11)

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 18:18, Glynn Foster wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> > Oh, and gnome-utils still contains gnome-dictionary and the search tool
> > which aren't getting replaced, so gnome-utils is not going away yet ;)
>
> Well, I'm actually thinking that removing gnome-utils in the long term
> would be a good thing. I've talked to both Rich and Noah, who both feel
> that they want to be a seperate module. That basically leaves gfloppy,
> gdict and gsearchtool. At the moment, and no offence to Stef who's done
> great work with gfloppy, gsearchtool is by far the most maintained
> module.
>
> I personally belive that we'd be better off slowly splitting gnome-utils
> apart in the long run, which will allow each to have its own release
> schedule.

The search tool is the only thing in there that is really part of the
basic infrastructure. If gnome-utils is disbanded into individual
packages, would the search tool become its own package?

I assume zenity will be a stand-alone package? I assume from this
discussion that you are not planning its inclusion in the core
application list?

Cheers
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead