Re: 2.4 Module List and Rationale (aka GEP10 and 11)

Hey there,

> So, each of these raises an interesting question that I don't really
> have an answer to: what do we do when a proposed new module (actually a
> replacement) is quite possibly a regression from the module being
> replaced? Under what conditions do we allow that?

Absolutely - I'd rather be hard assed on myself and make sure that the
modules are up to the same quality as the ones that we're replacing. I
have no problems with that.

Right now, zenity probably needs a compatibility wrapper, and battfink
needs to support ACPI. Both are pretty easy hacks, that just need to be
done.

> I really don't have a good answer, and to be honest it's not something
> I'd previously given much thought to. But it seems like it ought to be
> covered.

I guess it very much depends on the time available and the interest
level. I'm probably able to do some of the work, to make this happen -
but thinks like adding ACPI is a certain impossibility.

			See ya,
				Glynn :)