Re: D-BUS [Re: A desktop framework/daemon]

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 08:22:33PM +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> ps. What I am actually saying is.. we "neeeeeed" to start agreeing on a
> lot issues on the Linux desktop. If that means breaking old applications
> and doing lots of work on the current ones .. then that is what it
> means. (well actually it means that we have been doing a very bad job
> designing our applications and libraries and for that we should be
> punished hard).

I think xdg-list is the place to discuss it.  I think some of
this is being concerned by moving some of these things into the
freedesktop.org umbrella.  At least you have representatives from
all major desktop projects (eg XCFE, KDE, and GNOME) and can agree
on using one solution.

Already I think there is standardization going on, on many fronts like
window manager hints, and icon themes.

sri