Re: Desktop Kernel Stuff

Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
From: Jeff Waugh [mailto:jdub perkypants org] So, let's build ourselves a list. :-) Which kernel issues are important to GNOME, at a technical level? Which kernel issues are important to GNOME
users? I'll summarise, and take it to the streets.

We should remember that GNOME is not just for Linux. So, while it would be
nice to use nifty new Linux-specific stuff, we probably don't want to depend
on it. We have similar problems/issues with different X servers.

if the list contains nice generic things (and not just suggestions on what
kinds of behaviours of linux kernel need to be kludged around) then it will be
similarily useful for other operating systems - i don't think gnome presently
runs on systems where developers can't change them or where rfe-s couldn't
be filed.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com