Re: CVS (well, commits-list) confusion

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 03:39:34PM +0100 or thereabouts, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 15:30, James Willcox wrote:
> > Hi Telsa,
> >
> > On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 02:17, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> > > I have occasionally seen Changelogs as apparent commit messages
> > > before, and thought "Silly people, whatever are they doing?" I
> > > shall now eat my words. Because I didn't do this, really...
> >
> > Actually, I almost always paste the relevant portion of ChangeLog into
> > the commit message.  Nobody else does this?
>
> I think she was talking about the *full* ChangeLog as cvs commit
> changelog.

I was. All 5000-lines of them. Sorry: I should have mentioned
that that was a mutt listing and the numbers were the number of
lines in each mail.

The ChangeLog entry for the commit in question is one thing. And
I do this too, sometimes, yes. The entire ChangeLog is quite another.

I am relieved to find it is the script which prepares the cvs-commits
mails: I thought I had inadvertently done something dreadful. (Thanks
for the confirmation, Kris.)

Telsa