CVS (well, commits-list) confusion

Ouch. In my cvs-commits folder:

->  0  1  D  Jul 01 Gnome CVS User  (2250) GNOME CVS: gnome-games telsa
    0  2  D  Jul 01 Gnome CVS User  (2247) GNOME CVS: atk telsa
    0  3 ND  Jul 01 Gnome CVS User  (  17) GNOME CVS (silent): gnome-pkgview maw
    0  4 ND  Jul 01 Gnome CVS User  (  17) GNOME CVS: gtkhtml rodo
    0  5 ND  Jul 01 Gnome CVS User  (  19) GNOME CVS (silent): libgnome menthos

Those first two seem to have entire Changelogs as the commit message.
I am sure I did one-liner "This is.." messages to them like all the
rest I did yesterday. They also seem to have shown up hours later
than I would have expected: the other translations I added (they're
not "(silent)" because I added the language code to configure.in)
resulted in immediate emails to cvs-commits list.

Whatever happened?

I have occasionally seen Changelogs as apparent commit messages
before, and thought "Silly people, whatever are they doing?" I
shall now eat my words. Because I didn't do this, really...

(I used "cvs commit ChangeLog configure.in po/ChangeLog po/cy.po"
from the main directory for all of them and just added a message
when dropped into the editor: didn't use -m or anything.)

Is this related to the scripts that send these things out? Like
the way sometimes two messages get merged together?

Telsa