Re: NEWS entry format

<quote who="Michael Meeks">

> 	Ultimately it seems to me that it should be possible (~easy) to parse
> this sort of thing, since we know the package version number already -
> we can grok for that - if not found, do nothing - else detect delimeter
> style based on what preceeds the first instance of that version no. ;-)
> - just a tad more perl. Then again, a simple '-- ' delimiter or somesuch
> wouldn't hurt too much, I just happen to loathe tens of brutish '='
> characters ;-)

I wasn't too excited by the idea of relying solely on version numbers;
they're not very robust as delimiters (who knows what the previous version
was)... No one seems to use similar heading lines either, so I thought the
'start of file or newline / free form line / underline / newline' thing
might work well.

If everyone thinks publishing the NEWS file is worth it, I'm sure we can
come up with something. Meanwhile, I'm happily parsing ChangeLog files. :)

- Jeff

--
          "And up in the corporate box there's a group of pleasant
   thirtysomething guys making tuneful music for the masses of people who