Re: NEWS entry format

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 05:56:19PM +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 18:01, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> > necessary is on what form the version delimiter should take.
> > Something like 'any line consisting of 40 or more consequtive - or =
> > seems pretty universal.
>
> sorry to nitpick, but why so many?
>
> NEW in wonder-widget version 0.0.2:
> ===================================
>
> seems to me it would be seldom that more than 20 such chars appeared in
> anything but a 'section break' or header pseudo-underline.

Because we are talking about different things :-)

I assume that people are interested in text _after_ the heading.

eg
    NEW in wonder-widget version 0.0.2:

    <stuff people are interested in>

The heading can largely be autogenerated by the release scripts as
they already know the module name and the version.  However, it
seemed prudent to be careful of modules that like to underline
headings.  If the underlining looks like a seperator you lose the
useful bits.