Help to get the available locales list in other Operating system != Linux

Hi people, I need to know a way to get a list of available locales where
GNOME runs. It's for the International capplet.

As an example, in Linux I have the locale command, and this is the
information I get/need:

carlos bilbo:~$ locale -a
en_US.utf8
es_ES euro
es_ES iso885915 euro
es_ES.utf8
es_ES utf8 euro
POSIX

I need the same information under *BSD, Solaris, and any other Operating
System where GNOME runs.

Cheers.
--
Carlos Perelló Marín