Re: chopping and changing ...

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 02:48, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> So, I'd like to propose a minimal, knowledge-retaining, efficient
> bureaucracy for this purpose. :-)
>
>   - For each release process in which GNOME Desktop module changes are
>     proposed, a single, extended GEP will document the decisions and
>     discussions regarding the entire release module list. It will be named
>     after the release, eg. "GEP X: GNOME 2.2 Desktop Modules".

Is it reasonable to think,given the way release preparations are such an
ongoing, tortured process, that there will be a single time T relatively
early in the process when such a document could be written and discussed
intelligently, rather than a need for a series of decisions as the
process proceeds? Heavens knows I don't want to argue for making this
process more time-consuming, I just wonder whether Jeff's one-step
process is possible.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead