Re: Queries about release specifications [Was: who gets in and why]

Maciej,

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 15:47, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> One big difference between apps and platform libraries is that it's a
> lot easier to drop an app from a future release if it turns out to
> suck than to drop a platform library, given GNOME's compatibility
> guarantees.

	The point is - that companies can't just "drop" an app from the
platform; if they ship it, there is an expectation that they will be
moving it forward, and supporting it in the medium to long term, and
that sort of constraint will only increase with time.

> So while it's better to have a more open decision-making process,
> using something like the GEP seems like overkill.

	Well; propose something then. I don't see how the GEP is overkill, but
I'm interested in your concrete, alternative proposal - and why it is
superior. Vague criticism doens't help us at all.

	Regards,

		Michael.