Re: Queries about release specifications [Was: who gets in and why]

Hi Maciej,

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 16:07, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> I think it would be wiser to use these concrete measures to determine
> what gets included - it's a lot harder to debate over "it crashes when
> I click this button" or "this dialog layout is sloppy" than about
> "your identifiers are too long/too short/capitalized wrong".

	Yep - sure; we're talking a minimal level of code quality. Such as,
"there are no obvious crasher bugs visible just reading the code", but
also of course, some level of strucutral cleanliness. But we'll see,
it's a proposal not set in stone. Either way, it seems far better to
have maintainers doing this in public than the release team doing it by
fiat.

> If there is a code review process, it should be aimed towards helping
> people improve their code and their coding, not towards excluding
> people. And should be equally applied to things already in the core.

	Naturally, more review the better, and there's no reason for it to be
antagonistic.

	Regards,

		Michael.