Re: Autocompletion

Ricardo Fernández Pascual <ric users sourceforge net> writes:
> First, for what I see the proposed combo box only autocompletes from
> what is already in the dropdown. That's not good for many applications,
> because it is infeasible to populate the dropdown list with the whole
> history list of galeon or the whole address book of evolution.

I would think it's pretty important to support "virtualized"
completion, where the application basically provides a callback that
can give the list of completions. My instinct would be to avoid a
situation where all possible completions have to be stuffed into any
kind of list, user-visible or otherwise.

Havoc