Re: GNOME TODOs

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 07:58:47AM +1000 or thereabouts, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 04:09:29PM +0200, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> > tor, 2002-09-26 kl. 17:48 skrev Malcolm Tredinnick:

[snip]
> > > No, please don't. We get questions about things on this list all the
> > > time on gnome-love and have to keep redirecting people. The list is
> > > very out of date and unmaintained.
[snip]
> > Would it be possible in the future to have a checkbox in bugzilla to do
> > this automatically? Or just a TODO keyword and have some magic
> > incantation extract the title and description of the bug and place it in
> > the todo-list? Sounds useful to me at least...
>
> Look, I completely agree with this. I also agree with people who think
> the list should stay around and should be maintained. However, the fact
> of the matter is that it is _not_ maintained and it _is_ woefully out of
> date. And yet people still look at it and ask on gnome-love (in
> particular) or IRC if task X is taken -- only to be told it was done a
> year ago or is no longer relevant or whatever.
>
> Right now, at this moment, the page should die to avoid misleading
> people.

I concur with Malcolm. People do keep finding it and being
misled, and it can't be fun for them to start getting all
interested in something that turns out to have been done
ages ago. It should go. Once there is a replacement that's
maintainable and with a maintainer, it or something similar
can come back. Right now, it's not helping us at all to
have a list of Things To Do that are done, no longer wanted,
or covered elsewhere.

Telsa