Re: Minutes x2 for release team 2002-10-30 and 2002-11-06

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 08:28:17PM +0000, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
[...]
> Minutes for Gnome 2 release team meeting 2002-10-30
[...]
>   * Build sheriff needed
>
>   Dan Mills (<v_thunder> on IRC) has been doing this on an
>   unofficial basis. He hasn't been reverting commits that break
>   things, but he has been mailing module maintainers when the build
>   breaks.

Based on some experiences leading up to GNOME 2.0.0, could I suggest
that we have multiple build sheriffs this time around. The problem is
that even Jacob had to sleep sometimes and we would often be in a
position of a commit breaking the build and then having to stall for 12
or 18 hours to get either release team approval to fix it (again
timezones interfered) or wait until the build sheriff woke up.

One European, one Australian or New Zealander and one North American (if
suitable candidates can be found) would be good.

Particularly right at the end as translators are committing and last
minute approved fixes are going in, we really need to be buildable
around the clock. Every now and again something goes awry and a bunch of
eager beavers lose time that could be spent fixing and checking.

Malcolm

--
Plan to be spontaneous - tomorrow.