Metacity Re: Sun's window manager strategy

Aye... I remember when sawmill was new and light and
fast, and I was one of the first to praise it as the
ideal window manager for Gnome.  It used to be faster
than icewm.

However, as it grows, it acquires new features and
eventually becomes slow and icewm feels speedy by
comparsion.

Now we see sawmill/sawfish is being retired.
Hopefully the new window manager, Metacity, and other
GNOME software, can avoid the life cycle of Sawfish.