Re: GNOME2 and Splash Screens

On Mon, 2002-03-04 at 14:53, Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Christian Meyer">

> The current font looks quite ugly. We should better choose another one.
> How about using other icons for the splash screen. I'm sure that
> tigert/jimmac would care about it.

The font from the Ximian GNOME splash screen was beautifully bold and
simple - what was it?
Gill Sans bold, a beautiful, but unfortunately, not free, font. Good and Free dont seem to meet much in the font world..

But I'll try to figure out a look for GNOME by GUADEC, this will include some suggested fonts as well, I'll look at the URW and ghostscript (are those same anyway?) fonts too. Ideally the font would be a free one. If that is not doable, I'll just make vectorized versions of the designs available as EPS files, which works okay too.

Anyway, now sleep.

Tuomas
--
Tuomas Kuosmanen