Re: Daemons [Was: gob inside gnome-vfs ...]
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Mikael Hallendal <micke codefactory se>
- Cc: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, vfs <gnome-vfs ximian com>, GNOME Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Daemons [Was: gob inside gnome-vfs ...]
- Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:45:42 -0400 (EDT)
On 26 Jun 2002, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> ons 2002-06-26 klockan 10.28 skrev Rodrigo Moya:
> > On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 13:23, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > > <quote who="Alexander Larsson">
> > >
> > > > Can we please have some sort of password/authentication caching daemon.
> > >
> > > Hmm. Perhaps there should be some discussion at the summit about user
> > > daemons, where they're appropriate, and how many we have. GNOME 2.0 already
> > > has a whole bunch.
> > >
> > I think most things can be done in gnome-session, right? There could be
> > just simple modules (GModule's) for every extra functionality. Thus,
> > when some process asks for authentication, an authentication cache
> > module would be loaded, and the same for every other extra stuff.
> Would be nice to have something similar to Keychain Manager in Mac OS.
> which could be used by all programs that need to store/ask for
That seems to be different from what i want. I don't need (or want) to
persistently store auth data. Just while my desktop (or rather my
multi-process application) is running.
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's a shy guerilla librarian with no name. She's a bloodthirsty streetsmart
lawyer from out of town. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev