Re: Daemons [Was: gob inside gnome-vfs ...]

ons 2002-06-26 klockan 10.28 skrev Rodrigo Moya:
> On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 13:23, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Alexander Larsson">
> >
> > > Can we please have some sort of password/authentication caching daemon.
> >
> > Hmm. Perhaps there should be some discussion at the summit about user
> > daemons, where they're appropriate, and how many we have. GNOME 2.0 already
> > has a whole bunch.
> >
> I think most things can be done in gnome-session, right? There could be
> just simple modules (GModule's) for every extra functionality. Thus,
> when some process asks for authentication, an authentication cache
> module would be loaded, and the same for every other extra stuff.

Would be nice to have something similar to Keychain Manager in Mac OS.
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Carbon/securityservices/keychainmanager/keychainmanager.html

which could be used by all programs that need to store/ask for
passwords.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/