Re: gnome-panel, gnome-deskop and gnome-session 2.0.0

On 11 Jun 2002, jacob berkman wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 23:27, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > On 10 Jun 2002, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> >
> > > I think that we have a problem.
> > >
> > > gnome-session has 2.0.0 version but the splash image is the old one. I
> > > think that the meeting notes about the GNOME 2.0 release says that "we
> > > should remember to update the splash image"...
> > >
> > > What should we do now?
> >
> > 	When a new splash screen is added I'll do a 2.0.1 release.
> > 2.0.0 is only a candidate for the GNOME 2.0.0 release.
>
> isn't calling things 2.0.1 now bad mojo for gnome 2.0.1?

IMHO viewing tarball names as indicator of gnome release names (and adding
just another level of dots to tarball names) is just a colossaly bad idea,
at least IMHO. there are much better ways to knowing what gnome version
(by whom, built on which date) you are using than loking at tarball dates
- say the xml file called gnome-version.xml in gnome-about.

>  - jacob

	Sander

	you'll rescue me right?
	in the exact same way that they never did
	i'll be happy right?
	when your healing powers kick in