Re: Problem compiling libxml2 on solaris

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 04:01:44PM -0700, Chris Lyttle wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to compile gnome2 on solaris with the vicious build scripts
> and have run into a problem I can figure out. Can anyone suggest a
> solution?
>
> I get the following error when vbs gets up to the gnome-xml compile stage;
>
> nanohttp.c: In function `xmlNanoHTTPConnectAttempt':
> nanohttp.c:807: `len' undeclared (first use in this function)
> nanohttp.c:807: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> nanohttp.c:807: for each function it appears in.)
> make[2]: *** [nanohttp.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/chris/gnome/head/cvs/gnome-xml'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/chris/gnome/head/cvs/gnome-xml'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

  line 807 is

 SOCKLEN_T len;

line 88 there is

#ifndef SOCKLEN_T
#define SOCKLEN_T unsigned int
#endif

only possible explanation, at configure time you got SOCKLEN_T got defined
to an empty macro. Sounds like a configure problem, check your platform
settings, possibly ask on xml gnome org, there are Sun employees who
maintain the port, they may help debugging your specific problem.

Daniel