Re: GNOME2 Bug Triage guidelines

Luis Villa <louie ximian com> writes:

> (1) All G2 bugs need to be marked as such. After some discussion, we're
> going to use target milestones for this. It's imperfect, but so are
> keywords. Later tonight or tomorrow, every product in bugzilla will get
> target milestones corresponding to GNOME2 Beta, RC1, Final, and
> 'post-GNOME2' [G2Beta, G2RC1, G2.0, G2.x]. If a bug's target milestone
> is set to one of these four, it is a bug in GNOME 2. The first three are
> GNOME 2 bugs that ought to be fixed for the actual 2.0 release; the
> closer we get to 2.0 the tougher it'll be to mark a bug G2.0. The G2.x
> milestone will keep track of those bugs that are in GNOME2 but not
> fixable or not prioritized for the 2.0 release. A fair number of
> projects [mainly gnome-core, gnome-utils, and gnome-applets] already
> have 2.0 milestones. For those products that already have and use 2.0
> milestones, I'll convert those into G2.0 milestones, so that we can have
> consistency across the bugzilla.

I'm now deleting these milestones for GLib, GTK+, and Pango. These
are irrelevant timescales for GTK+ (yes, we pay attention, but what we
work toward is the 2.0 release of GTK+, not of GNOME), and the
only result of putting bugs on these milestones is that they would get
lost since they aren't on the milestones we are tracking for the
GTK+-2.0 release.

If you want to add keywords to track GTK+ bugs that you think need to be
fixed, go ahead. We need the milestone assignments for the bugs for our
own release tracking.

Regards,
                                        Owen