GNOME 1.4.1 release CRITICAL

Hi all,

Very noisy subject, I know, but we *have* to put out a 1.4.1 release very
soon. Apart from the fact that we should have had this out as a bugfix
release many moons ago [1], it's a real pain-in-the-arse for willing testers
to deal with parallel install problems without having a coordinated release
of updates out there.

There have been a number of people looking at it over the past few months,
Greg and Kjartan in particular. Greg is now very busy doing GNOME 2.0
packaging and testing, whilst Kjartan had some extended connectivity
problems.

We need someone to do the minimal amount of work left to coordinate this
release... It would be greatly appreciated.

- Jeff

[1] There is no intention of seeing this happen with GNOME 2.0; point
releases will already be in planning when the beta comes out.

--
     "First: This is not a race." - Jody Goldberg on the Free Software
                                  desktop