Re: Icon love

Forgot to send this to the list.

-----Vidarebefordrat meddelande-----

From: Christian Rose <menthos menthos com>
To: Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>
Cc: Jakub Steiner <jimmac ximian com>
Subject: Re: Icon love
Date: 18 Jan 2002 09:16:18 +0100

fre 2002-01-18 klockan 07.01 skrev Tuomas Kuosmanen:
> Hello friends of the red pointy hat.
>
> We have been busy at Ximian. I and Jimmac have been doing a remake of
> the original stock icons I did years ago. I started to feel they might
> need some work and some facelifting :-)
>
> So here we have a new set of stock icons for GNOME2, fully antialiased
> and with separate 16x16 versions for menus (good bye smoothed,
> unreadable menu icons..)

This is awesome! Lots of thanks to you guys!

Regarding missing icons, I could not find toolbar A-Z sort order icons.
Are they missing because of localization issues?

If you want some criticism, I think the gnome-vfs audio icon has some
problems. It has three objects that need to be identified, a penguin, a
laptop and earphones, and the earphones are a very small part of the
icon, which makes them not that easily recognizable in my opinion. Also,
GNOME or gnome-vfs are not Linux-specific (is audio Linux-specific?), so
I don't think there should be a Linux penguin in the icons. In my
opinion, a simpler icon with just some notes ones would be better
suited.

Again, thanks a lot guys! The icons are brilliant!

Christian