Re: Duplicated libraries and libtool

Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 12:01:15PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > The only offending library we have now is the GNOME 2 packages libxslt
> > which has -lm multiple times on it's link line, but that doesn't
> > matter much, since we don't have other libraries that depend on
> > libxslt.
>
>   libexslt but nobody should really care about this.
> Suggestions for fixes welcome. But each time I touch the automake/libtool
> stuff it takes one month to try to restabilize the damn thing.

Well, you have:

XSLT_LIBS="-lxslt $LIBXML_LIBS $M_LIBS"
EXTRA_LIBS="$LIBXML_LIBS $M_LIBS"

It seems to me that LIBXML_LIBS will always contain M_LIBS already, but
if you are worried about that, then instead of just removing M_LIBS,
you can do:

====
EXTRA_M_LIBS=""

changequote(,)dnl
if test "x$M_LIBS" != "x" ; then
  case " $LIBXML_LIBS " in
  *[\ \	]$M_LIBS[\ \	]*) ;;
  *) EXTRA_M_LIBS="$M_LIBS" ;;
  esac
fi
changequote([,])dnl

XSLT_LIBS="-lxslt $LIBXML_LIBS $EXTRA_M_LIBS"
EXTRA_LIBS="$LIBXML_LIBS $EXTRA_M_LIBS"
====

[ The shell / m4 magic here is derived from things that have been in the
  GTK+ configure.in forever, so I'm reasonably confident about its
  correctness and portability ]

Regards,
                                        Owen