Re: Patch to get gnome-vfs building against HEAD

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 17:33, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> I needed the same thing in quite a number of modules
>
>     gnome-vfs
>     libgnome
>     libonoboui
>     eel
>
> The penultimate cause seems to be that the -pthread flag is not
> being added to .la files and several test programs or internal
> utility executables are use LDADD = foo.la
>
> I have no idea why this has become necessary recently

A while ago glib moved from "-lpthread" to "-pthread", which I guess is
a valid flag to both the compiler and linker that means "do the right
thing to give me pthreads". So theoretically it's better, but pkg-config
doesn't propagate it right, although I thought that was fixed a while
ago.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"[Ninjas] are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet."
                              -- REAL Ultimate Power